Friday, August 14, 2009

CHAT: Apostrophe

After reading somebody's blog that had a simple punctuation error in the title.

----

me:
Seriously, man, somebody needs to tell her, politely, how to pluralize.

Jill:
Yeah. She is a sweet girl but not the brightest.

me:
Sometimes I feel I was the only one paying attention in grammar school.

Jill:
Not the only one but not nearly enough were.

me:
If she absolutely insists on using an apostrophe, she should rename her blog to [NAME WITHHELD]. That would be fine.
GRRR.

Jill:
Deep breaths.

me:
I just get really upset by simple mistakes that are due entirely to laziness. It's not like it's THAT difficult to learn the rules of the apostrophe. It's a pretty straight-forward piece of punctuation.

Jill:
Actually, it has a bendy in it.

me:
I will destroy you.

Jill:
You wish.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me if I eff up my punctuation on my blog. PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, am totally going to make fun of you behind your back. I'll tell all your friends about your poor punctuation, and then you won't understand why they're all snickering about you at the party. Then you'll cry and run upstairs, and maybe somebody will fall into the pool.

    ReplyDelete